Food fraud mitigation teams are an important element in the fight against food fraud. All food businesses are at risk from food fraud. Whether your business is a restaurant, a specialty grocer, delicatessen, central kitchen, hotel or food manufacturer, it is important to understand the risks posed to your consumers, customers and brands by food fraud. A food fraud team is a cross-functional team of people from different parts of a food business who work together to understand food fraud vulnerabilities and formulate activities to reduce the risks from food fraud.
Food safety management systems standards owners have published guidance to help businesses mitigate food fraud risks. The standards owners recommend that businesses form cross-functional food fraud mitigation teams. The team can also assist with educating senior managers within the business about the risks from food fraud.
How to form a food fraud team:
- Download our free template by clicking the button below.
- The template is a word document which is easy to edit.
- The template includes sections for all the important elements of a food fraud team.
- Add any extra information or selection criteria that is pertinent to your business and its food fraud prevention program.
- Be sure to keep the team members’ contact details up to date.
- Include the food fraud team procedure and the minutes of the team meetings in your food safety management system.
- Review the procedure and the minutes of the meetings at least annually.
Need help? Our food safety and authenticity experts can assist with your food fraud prevention activities. Contact us today.