Food Fraud Advisors’ Products Licence Terms and Conditions
- Vulnerability Assessment Tools – Microsoft Excel spreadsheets with calculation functions
- Questionnaire templates – Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Templates for document creation – Microsoft Word documents
- Food Fraud Risk Information – database of information in a spreadsheet format
What you are purchasing
You are purchasing the right to download, populate, save and print one or more of the documents or files of the types listed above, which are in the form of Microsoft Excel worksheets and/or Microsoft Word documents, which were created and published by Food Fraud Advisors © 2015, © 2016, © 2017, © 2018.
For the purposes of these terms and conditions, ‘purchasing’ includes obtaining products in exchange for money as well as products obtained using coupons or discounts as well as provided free of charge by Food Fraud Advisors.
You may make copies of the document(s) or file(s) you have purchased in accordance with the following conditions:
- You may use the document(s) or file(s) for helping to perform work or create documents or records for the business that you are employed by at the time of your purchase. You may not take the document(s) or file(s) with you when you change jobs, you will need to purchase another licence for your new employer if you change jobs.
- You may send copies of the Supplier Questionnaire to suppliers of the business that you work for but you may not send copies of the Vulnerability Assessment Tool to your suppliers. You may not take the Supplier Questionnaire with you when you change jobs, you will need to purchase another licence for your new employer if you change jobs.
- You may use the document(s) or file(s) in your work as a consultant, advisor or contractor to a food business, whether or not you are paid by the business for that work. In this case, you may use as many copies of each document as you like for ONE food business in one geographical location (usually a manufacturing site). You must purchase a separate licence when you want to use the document(s) for a second food business or location and every subsequent business or location.
- You may use the document(s) or file(s) in your work as a regulatory inspector, regulatory auditor, a second party auditor, an independent auditor or work for any auditing body, conformity assessment body or certification body to help assess a supply chain of a food business or the threats within a supply chain. You must purchase a separate licence for each geographical location of each food business that you assess, audit or examine.
- If you are a trainer, training materials developer, food safety specialist, regulatory authority, student or any other interested party using the document(s) or file(s) as a means of educating yourself or others, you must properly acknowledge, cite and reference the owners and authors of the document(s), Food Fraud Advisors. You may not copy any part of the document(s) or file(s) or use it in any work of your own without acknowledging the author.
In summary: One licence per food business per geographical location (usually a manufacturing site) for each of the products.
Please be fair; these products were developed by a small business. If you share the document(s) or file(s) unlawfully or breach copyright you are harming the ability of Food Fraud Advisors to develop more tools like this and help to keep our food authentic.
While all care has been taken by the author and publisher, not all risks and vulnerabilities will be identified using the vulnerability assessment tools nor within the food fraud risk information database documentation; ; a product, product group, raw material, ingredient, supplier or supply chain that is identified as being unlikely to be vulnerable may nevertheless be affected by food fraud, including economically motivated adulteration, substitution or dilution. It may also be affected by other threats, malicious tampering, acts of terror, accidental contamination, deliberate contamination, food safety incidents, other types of fraud and failures of regulatory compliance.
The food fraud vulnerability assessment tools are designed to consider potential vulnerabilities only within the business’ supply chain. They do not address vulnerabilities within the user’s business, processes or facilities. They do not replace the judgement of an expert person, who should review all results and make the final decisions regarding likelihood and severity of consequences.
Food fraud vulnerability assessments and horizon scanning for food fraud are relatively new concepts, the ideas are still being refined and there is currently no consensus on best practice. The author and publisher give no assurance whatsoever that the food fraud risk information database, its associated documentation or the content generated using the vulnerability assessment tool products will meet the requirements of any management system standard, regulatory requirement, code of practice, auditing system or any auditor, certification body or inspector.
Any purchaser of the products listed above enters into an agreement with Food Fraud Advisors. The aggregate liability of Food Fraud Advisors for all causes of action pursuant to the agreement is limited to the total monetary amount received by Food Fraud Advisors from the purchaser. In no event shall Food Fraud Advisors be liable for any direct or indirect or consequential loss or damage or loss of revenue, product, profits, goodwill, bargain or opportunities or loss or corruption of data or loss of anticipated savings incurred or suffered by the purchaser whether caused by negligence or otherwise or whether or not Food Fraud Advisors was or should have been aware of the possibility of such loss or damage.
The purchaser acknowledges that all intellectual property rights arising out of the provision of the document(s) and/or file(s) Vulnerability Assessment Tools, Supplier Questionnaire, Food Fraud Risk Information, Food Defense Templates, Raw Material Specification Template, Vulnerability Assessment Templates are and will remain the property of Food Fraud Advisors or its supplier, where such rights are owned by that supplier.
Food Fraud Advisors makes no warranty in relation to the goods and services provided other than as described in the agreement, these licence terms and conditions or as prescribed by a law that cannot be excluded.
Food Fraud Advisors is the registered trading name of Authentic Food Pty Ltd, a limited liability business registered in the Commonwealth of Australia with the Australian Business Number 94 619 021 180. This agreement shall be subject to the laws in New South Wales, Australia and both parties hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of NSW.
Licence terms and conditions 5th May 2018.