It’s here; a tool to help you with food fraud vulnerability assessments
Use the tool to
- learn how to do a vulnerability assessment
- create a vulnerability assessment of an ingredient or raw material using the method recommended by the British Retail Consortium (BRC)
- save, file and print the assessment for your next audit
“It was very easy to use and very helpful. I wish I would’ve found this sooner. Food Fraud Advisor’s Assessment Tool helped me a great deal with getting a better understanding of a vulnerability assessments, the helpful hints throughout the assessment were amazing. I just had my BRC audit last week and the auditor praised me! All positive feedback I received.”
– Donna, QA and FS Manager, Catelli Foods Corp
What does it do:
The Vulnerability Assessment Tool is a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet that is designed to help you, a food businesses, assess your ingredients or raw materials for vulnerability to economically motivated adulteration, substitution or dilution quickly and easily.
The spreadsheet will prompt you to enter information about the ingredient or group of ingredients by answering simple yes/no questions. You do not need all the information on hand to start, you can add or change the information at any time. Start with your best guess and update the information as you learn more.
The spreadsheet uses colour to highlight areas that might be cause for concern and numerical formulas to calculate an estimate of the vulnerability for the material or material group. All calculated results can be over-ridden by the user. Use the Vulnerability Assessment Tool to generate a report which includes;
- Purpose and scope
- Likelihood of occurrence of food fraud for the material
- Likelihood of detection of food fraud
- The results of the vulnerability assessment in a risk matrix format
- All results and data can easily be cut and pasted into other documents.
Download a free trial version of the Vulnerability Assessment excel spreadsheet by clicking here. Try it free
To view and use the trial spreadsheet you will need:
- Microsoft Excel installed on this device. Compatibility issues?
- A basic understanding of food manufacturing quality systems and food safety management systems
- Basic spreadsheet skills and familiarity with Microsoft Excel.
Buy it now, download it instantly and complete your first vulnerability assessment in less than ten minutes.